Today after church we invited my cousin Julia over for her 21st birthday. I made her a cake and the cream cheese frosting. Since I work in a deli I have some skill in cake decorating, however I do not have the professional tools that they have to make the cake look spectacular. So with limit time, a warm cake and hardly any tools I attempted at decorating her cake. If anyone knows cake decor you know never to ice a cake while its still heated in any way (because the icing will melt and wont stick to the cake, plus become almost invisible). Ya well today I had no time to wait for the cake cool because I used a heart shaped pan which took double the time to bake as it said on the box. Just my luck, I realized I was low on the red frosting and ran out the second I finished. Since the cake was warm my 'dots' ran down the side and streaked the white frosting. So her cake looked half frosted, with red streaks down the side, but all turned out well and tasted good, even if it did look a little unprofessional...
Nov 16, 2008
This week we spent our Saturday touching up the crib we bought used from a guy Dennis works with. It was in great condition still, but needed a little bit of touch of paint. So we customised it to our liking and put it up. Now my next adventure with Lukes room is to get a matress and a dresser. I'm really excited on how well his room is slowly coming together.
Today after church we invited my cousin Julia over for her 21st birthday. I made her a cake and the cream cheese frosting. Since I work in a deli I have some skill in cake decorating, however I do not have the professional tools that they have to make the cake look spectacular. So with limit time, a warm cake and hardly any tools I attempted at decorating her cake. If anyone knows cake decor you know never to ice a cake while its still heated in any way (because the icing will melt and wont stick to the cake, plus become almost invisible). Ya well today I had no time to wait for the cake cool because I used a heart shaped pan which took double the time to bake as it said on the box. Just my luck, I realized I was low on the red frosting and ran out the second I finished. Since the cake was warm my 'dots' ran down the side and streaked the white frosting. So her cake looked half frosted, with red streaks down the side, but all turned out well and tasted good, even if it did look a little unprofessional...


Today after church we invited my cousin Julia over for her 21st birthday. I made her a cake and the cream cheese frosting. Since I work in a deli I have some skill in cake decorating, however I do not have the professional tools that they have to make the cake look spectacular. So with limit time, a warm cake and hardly any tools I attempted at decorating her cake. If anyone knows cake decor you know never to ice a cake while its still heated in any way (because the icing will melt and wont stick to the cake, plus become almost invisible). Ya well today I had no time to wait for the cake cool because I used a heart shaped pan which took double the time to bake as it said on the box. Just my luck, I realized I was low on the red frosting and ran out the second I finished. Since the cake was warm my 'dots' ran down the side and streaked the white frosting. So her cake looked half frosted, with red streaks down the side, but all turned out well and tasted good, even if it did look a little unprofessional...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Cute Cake! It looks good to me, I'm no expert though. Luke's room is so fun. It'll be fun to see it when you're all finished. Thats one of the best parts about expecting a baby, designing his room.
Post a Comment