Life is Limited but Families are Forever

Life is Limited but Families are Forever
We are the SUPER STOKES

Nov 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Alyssa

Alyssa has always been a tender subject for me. Its never been diffucult to talk ABOUT her. I view my experience with her almost "temple" sacred though. I am quite proud- to be her birth mother- in fact. She is so talented, so smart, loving and darling girl.I try to be careful to whom I talk to about her. She is someone I value highly! I can't take the critisism I get from most people who find out I had a child before I ever even met my husband. I love her so much, I just don't have the strength to deal with that. God blessed me with a loving husband who looked beyond my experiences and realized that I'm not that person. He is very supportive! He has walked me through a lot of hard times with this. I love being incontact with her family. It gives me a sense of purpose most times when I talk to them. I understand them and how good they are too her. It helps me understand that good things can come from any situation. Its been extremely diffucult for me to live 2200 miles away from my family-and her. I miss seeing her, and seeing her interact with her-half-brother. She loves Princesses. Her favorite color is pink. She loves butterflies and christmas. She goes to Disney Land with her parents a lot. She goes to pre-school, and she knows SEVERAL languages. Some include spanish, russian, american sign language and of course english. Today she is taking chocolate cupcakes with pink icing (with butterflies on top) to her class. "I get to wear a crown-and I CAN KEEP IT!" Were her exact words to me when she was telling me all about what she gets to do today for her 5th birthday.

I am so proud of you "lissy!" You deserve the best of all birthday wishes! I hope you have fun at Disney Land, next week!
Love,

Shannon Dennis and Luke



Alyssa's First School Picture





Alyssa's School Portrait 2011

2 comments:

Melodie and Nathan Scott said...

Shannon, you are so strong. They love her so much and you were able to give that precious gift of parenthood to them. She is SO cute!! :) I am glad that you get to still be in contact with them. :) Love you!

Aubrielle said...

That is sweet. What a beautiful girl. It's amazing how the Lord can turn any situation into a blessing for us!