Dear y'all,
I love my kids. Its hard to parent but especially so when kids are sick. It stinks because you want to take away the sickness but can't.
We are having our "turn" with the Flu right now. Oh how it stinks. Luke also had dental work done. This was traumatizing in itself but he handled it like the champ he is. He is on a soft food only diet for awhile because of the work done. Dennis took him back to the doctor for another check. When they finished he was given the traditional sucker. He took it but saved it for Amy because he knew he couldnt eat it. I love that in the midst of a very hard week for him he thought of Amy. He is sweet like that. I can't ask for a more thoughtful kid.
On National Autism Awareness Day I want to say that there is more to autism and the autism kids than meets the eye. Its time to educate the world and stop judging. Many times people have said some form of "just spank the kid." My reply is "I can't 'spank' the Autism out of my kid any more than I can 'slap' the ignorance out of you." So next time you think a parent should just "spank" a child, you need to get informed. Its about acceptance, love, and understanding. Them being different, not less. Most of what you see in public is an autism melt down, not a tantrum. Understand the difference. If you want to learn more just google Autism Awareness Month (April) and you will find plenty of sources of information.
My house is lit-up blue! You should go blue too! For Autism awareness and for Luke.
Love,
S



No comments:
Post a Comment