So for date night this week, we went to a BYU basketball game. Although I am a true Ute fan at heart I love going to games and watching them play even if its BYU. Dennis is a true BYU fan so its nice to be able to sit back and have a little fun and cheer for the same team. I've learned to be okay with cheering for BYU since I grew up in the heart of 'BYU', but being a "U" fan. They are a pretty good team but I cheer for my team when they play BYU. Plus if I didn't learn that, I would've missed out on a lot of fun memories not only with my family/friends but with my husband as well.... anyways...
We went a little early and were able to get a fly swatter, which they were handing out to the first 2,000 people. It was a tight game, which kept the game interesting. It wouldn't have been so close if BYU made the majority of the shots they attempted at. In the end it was good, because they won. When the team you cheer for wins, it always makes the night better.
What also helped the game was each time a cool play happened, such as a steal or BYU would catch a rebound ball the student section would sing: "You got Swatted". They would hold up and wiggle their fly swatters at the same time. I don't know if they planned that but it was fun to see and hear. I admit we did sometimes join in with them as the sang...

1 comment:
Fun, looks like you had a good time! I love date nights. Enjoy them now, they're harder to come by after baby arrives.
Post a Comment