Life is Limited but Families are Forever

Life is Limited but Families are Forever
We are the SUPER STOKES

Apr 26, 2010

Are you sick of punching your pillow?

Through a series of events I've started baking my own bread. It started out with receiving some information from my neighbor that I had the ingredients and the wheat to do it completely from scratch. I have been using her Ultra-Mill and have been using it to grind wheat into flour and used her Bosch to mix it all together. I have become very good at it if I might say so myself. Luke and Dennis both have told me that they both prefer this bread over the stores bread. One day I noticed that I needed to make some bread rather quickly and my neighbor wasn't home so I could not use her Bosch. I remembered both Mom and Grandma telling me in our recent visits how domesticated I've become and how they remember the day when they didn't have things like kitchen aids and Bosch to help them.

So I decided to make it by hand. At first it was kind of fun but my arm started to hurt rather quickly. I took a little break to let my arm rest and to check on Luke. I decided to call Dennis and see how he was coming at work and I don't remember what but something was said to really tick me off. Upon returning to finish my bread I realized my arm wasn't in so much pain and started to beat the bread. It seemed soothing almost like punching a pillow. Now almost every time I get upset beading bread works better than punching a pillow. I never would have found such relief in letting out anger on bread if it wasn't for the mothers before me, so THANKS!

2 comments:

Featherstone Family said...

So, are you going to share your recipe? Looks good!

Anonymous said...

Look at you go GIRL!