Life is Limited but Families are Forever

Life is Limited but Families are Forever
We are the SUPER STOKES

Apr 14, 2011

Changes are coming...

If you had asked me 10 years ago would I move 2500 miles away from my family and friends I would've flatly said no. If you had asked even five years ago my response would've been the same. I most likely would've even added something to the extent of 'I'm never gonna get married either.' What I am still learning is a concept that has never crossed my mind with such assurity. Change is natural. Our bodies are continually changing.Cells changing dying and new cells forming. Our stumach changes food into energy and sending the left over to our built in waiste disposle. Change comes natural but is never easy. Also, however, change plays a big roll with a little thing called- attitude. Yes your attitude, yes yours, as in the one you have-will always effect the quality of life you'll live. Nothing worth your time is easy nor it is quick. With-in the past few years a lot has changed. 95% of that would be my attitude alone. Physical appearance, marital status and kids can play a very defined role but none of them compare to the attitude. Your attitude determines your out-look on events, situations, lessons, work and even people. When you have an open mind good things will come. What used to be in the present is now the past and what used to be the future is now present. The Lord has blessed me greatly.When you follow him and let him in he will bless you with what you need. Your needs may not be the same as mine and it may not be in the time frame you wish it but it will come. I would've never thought moving to North Carolina would be what Dennis, Luke and I would need, but it was. Although we still struggle and have challenges like everyone, its assuring to know this is where and what God needs us to be. I love my new church family and my new friends. I know this isn't the last change we will experience, however I can change because I know what I want (and my Lord wants me) to change into. "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven." Matthew 5:16

1 comment:

Aubrielle said...

I totally agree. After things ended with my first fiance, I decided that I was never going to leave Utah because the Lord loves me and wants me to be happy. I live in Indianapolis, and Columbus before that. The Lord knows us better than we know ourselves. The hardest things in life seem to be the most life changing. :)