Life is Limited but Families are Forever

Life is Limited but Families are Forever
We are the SUPER STOKES

Feb 21, 2012

Passion

 I have many passions in my life and I tend to be passionATE in a lot of things. People mistake this trait in me a lot for other more negative terms. I don't want to get into that but it needed to be stated for the record.  One of the many passions I have always had since I was a girl was photography. My first camera was a Kodak Polaroid and I later earned a cheap camera in middle school fundraiser.  I still have them, for display, since they are so worn down you can't even read the labels. Which leads me to another passion, my collectables. I don't have anything worth any value but they all mean a lot to me. When my dad passed away my mom gave me his twin lens reflex and another Polaroid that he had on his mission. I would give you specifics but they are all packed away. When she gave them to me she said, "he wanted me to give them to you..." Which translates to me that my dad loved my work. He always had a keen eye and ear for beauty.  It means a great deal to me that I have something that also meant so much to him. I feel that much closer to him when I see or hear beauty.  My next passion is American Sign Language. I have known a few people who are deaf in my life and I admired each one of them. Which naturally led my interest into ASL.  I took 3 years of it in high school and I know I have rusted a bit the past few years. I try to keep up with it, sign songs at church or for a friend. If I see someone trying to communicate with the hearing world I will usually step in (if I feel its appropriate). Some of the passions I have developed since I started having children. Such as Movement. I love to dance, work out at the gym, hike or bike. It is very invigorating to me, it gives me that much need stimulation to get through the day. Music is next on the list. I have come to know a lot more about music especially since I have moved to North Carolina.  Kendall and Sherry have helped me a lot with being able to read music properly then correspond it with notes on the guitar and piano. I have also learned to appreciate more genres of music as well. I never thought I would like Clapton or Aerosmith but they both have some pretty good songs.  Last but not least Family. I love all of my parents, brothers and sisters that includes the in laws. I am closer to some then others-especially the ones I've lived with or currently live with. My love isn't limited to them however. I love both of my children and my husband. Although my love for Alyssa is very different from the love I have for Luke is it always prevalent in my life. My husband, which is obvious, is far most passionate I have had or will have for someone.No one in my family could ever do anything to change my love for them. It has always been there and it will continue to be there. They are my family and that will never change. They are my blood and therefore my love for them is written in my DNA-it can never change.


My dad holding me the day I was born


The Powell Clan  Dec. 2007

My father and mother in law


Luke and I a few days ago
Kendall, Dennis, me, Michael Weird Al Concert fall 2011
Most of the Powell grand-kids
Carson, Bella, Aliya, Colin, Cade,Caleb, Reagan, Luke
(Missing Morgan, Alexa, and Brookelyn)

 Dennis and Luke summer 2011


 Dennis and I summer 2011


 My mom and I summer 2007



2 comments:

Featherstone Family said...

Your hair looks so cute straight (and curly too) and I can't believe how young the kids all look in that picture!

Mindy said...

Lots of beautiful photos! Good times! Glad you realize your passions!! The Powell's are VERY passionate people! I am happy you include your passionate side as something that is extraordinary!!