Because of the snow our church services were canceled
Yes- I QUILTED it.
(Thanks Sherry for teaching me and helping get it done on time)
Our white christmas
Me and my gifts
I am full of gratitude this cold, North Carolina morning. As I ponder this morning I cannot help but be awed in amazement of the wonders of life that the Lord has put before me. The simple things bring so much joy to our hearts. I was pleasantly suprised christmas morning at how many people WANTED to give to us and specially my son. I will admit I was a little worried that it wouldn't be all I wanted it to be for him. As they days went on my worry continued but when we woke up christmas morning, my eyes had been opened. We had a spectacular christmas! Simple, somewhat plain but somehow it was just what I needed to fill the void inside. I loved watching everyone open their gifts and seeing the excitement in their eyes.
Later in the day Dennis and I took Luke outside and just let him play. I could tell by the wind "biting" my ear that it was going to snow (since I am from Utah, I am quite fimiliar with that feeling.) We decided to take we wanted to take Luke on a walk (rather short walk since bad weather was coming) down the road and into the rest of the neighborhood just enjoying swinging Luke from the ground every once in awhile and listening to him count up to the moment. Our busy schedules often times leaves us so tired we just settle for the tv most nights, so this was a real treat to do 'whatever' with my husband and our son. Luke just kept laughing, runing ahead and runing backwards. I could tell he too was enjoying the undivided attention he was recieving from both his parents.
I must say I was a little disappointed when I heard church was canceled because of the snow. This would've been the first time we all could've attended church as a family since grandpa and kendall went over the road. I am so glad we had this time together as a family on christmas, the only thing I wish was different is if Michael was here. He was the only one missing from the Lindsay Stokes family.
According to our weatherman, this is the first time since the 1940's that we have had a white christmas. All in all, I am so glad that our first christmas here was a wonderful, white christmas. I look forward to next year though, maybe I will get a little lucky and it wont be so white.
I love you all, Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!

1 comment:
I LOVE the split household quilt!! SO AWESOME!! Way to go making that!! What a beautiful snowy day!!
Post a Comment