Dear y'all,
Amy sometimes has hard time sleeping under Luke. We have many things to accommodate Luke and Amys sleeping arrangements. Luke is an incredibly light sleeper. We have a fan going all night to create "white noise." He also has a particular small pillow (he named 'soft pillow') to cuddle with and to help him relax . Amy doesn't like to cuddle with any toy/object while sleeping. She needs to have pants on (verses shorts) because she hates covers of any kind and she will get cold if she wears anything else. Luke still tosses and turns quite a lot and when Amy has allergies or a stuffy nose it makes it hard for her sleep. Which was the case the night before last.
It was 3:00am when she walked in our room and as always she comes to my side of the bed even though Daddy's side is significantly easier to access. I usually can tell she enters by hearing the small shuffles her feet make on the carpet. Her head and chin barely making above the mattress of our bed. Her polka dot red/white, Mini Mouse pajamas and her blonde curly hair in messy pig tails highlighted by a faint moonlight shining through the window behind her created an adorable silhouette.
This would be a normal site in my drowsy state but this time it was different. Something about this scene was off somehow. As she walked in through the door, I couldn't tell what is was. At first I thought it was my drowsiness creating hallucinations.
As she finally made it around, I started to see clearer. As my vision perfected her cute little toddler voice spoke up, "Mommy, look, doggie so cute!" I saw her snuggling the stuffed dog my neice, Reagan, gave Luke when he was born, 8 years ago. It's white with red ears and a red spot around the tushy with red continuing down the tail. It's face and body are covered in red hearts. The front paws hold a white and red heart that says 'sweet.' After I acknowledged the dog being cute her innocent voice said, "I wuv it!" (I love it).
I never want to forget that image. My heart melted seeing her clutch this stuffed animal. She has seen this dog many times but in this moment she took comfort in this animal made it so sweet.
She continued clutching it all night and played with it all morning (before church).
I highly doubt this will be a regular occurrence. Especially since after church and last night it seems the dog had served it purpose for now.
She continued clutching it all night and played with it all morning (before church).
I highly doubt this will be a regular occurrence. Especially since after church and last night it seems the dog had served it purpose for now.
I love my family. I'm so blessed to have these children. I'm so grateful Heavenly Father gave these precious souls to raise.
Love ya,
S
S

No comments:
Post a Comment