Life is Limited but Families are Forever

Life is Limited but Families are Forever
We are the SUPER STOKES

May 31, 2017

Luke is comforting to Amy

Dear Y'all

Its ant season and our yard is infested with Fire Ant. Our landlord is too stingy to pay a professional and it seems everything we have tried they always keep coming back. I'm so sick of spending money on a place we don't even own. What worse is all of us feel trapped inside because the we can't spend every moment at the park.

Today we went out to wait for Luke to come home from school. Our steps were crawling with the fire ants and they immediately started attacking Amy. Her foot (with shoes on) starting swelling immediately and prompted terrified painful cries from her. After removing the Ants I ran her inside and administered the appropriate medicine and some ice. She handled it like a trooper.

When Luke got home she cheered right up. She welcomed Luke home and he noticed the ice so I explained what happened. I could tell on his face that he was empathetic. He gave her his kindle and sat next to her. When she was done playing with that they watched some TV together.  She sat on the couch for an hour with the ice on her foot just chillin' with Luke.

After all that Luke decided that Amy would like a drawing. He got some construction paper out and his favorite markers. He drew everything he could think of that Amy likes. Mini/Mickey Mouse, Batman, Superman, Maui (from Moana), a cat, Bubble Guppie, our neighbor Zay and me. He gave it to amy and she loved it so much she decided she wanted to color herself. We moved her to the table and put her feet up and Luke let her color with his markers.

It amazes me that they get along so well. Luke has such a wonderful, loving, caring heart. I hope this is one thing that stays with him his entire life. I love that he loves his sister so much. I am filled with joy that these are my children. I couldn't ask for a better son!

Love ya,
S


No comments: