Life is Limited but Families are Forever

Life is Limited but Families are Forever
We are the SUPER STOKES

May 22, 2017

Chicken and Big Bad Wolf

Dear Y'all,
This morning Amy took my bowl of oatmeal and started feeding it to me. She doesn't usually eat in the morning. A sippy of chocolate milk usually fills her enough to last till a snack then lunch. Today apparently she wanted my breakfast. Throughout the time she would take bites and give a bite to me. She then would praise me with a "high five or a good girl." Dennis was there and taped most of it. If your friends with us on Facebook go find it.


Amy loves stories before bed. She has a couple she is currently favoring. I imagine soon she will move on to the next one whatever it is. These stories have ranged from Mickey/Mini Mouse to Goldie locks. The typical stories 2 year olds hear. Between the bed time stories, play time, Little Einsteins & Bubble Guppies (TV/Netflix). She has quite and imagination.


She has been loving the Three little pigs and the Big Bad Wolf. Mostly the sounds of the pigs and the huffing/ puffing and blowing part of the Bad Wolf. A lot of our play time has included some sort imagined acting improv of the Big Bad Wolf huffing and puffing then blowing away the other (she insists we take turns). Sometimes the other is cast as themself or any animal she can think of pig, dog, cat, horse or tonights case a chicken.


She put her hands on the side of my face and forced me to look squarely at her. She explained to me, "You, Big Bad Wolf." She makes the huffing puffing sounds then continues, "I,  chicken." She then makes the cutest 'bock,bock, bu-ock' chicken noises I have ever heard. I tried and failed to contain my laughter.She put her hand under her arm pits and started walking back and forth making her chicken sounds. Playing along I said, "Yummy,  chicken dinner" and proceeded to play around. She quickly interrupted and said "No,  you Big Bad Wolf. You blow me away."  After a hidden giggle I blowed and she pretended to fly backwards.


Tonight's bed time stories she choose for the umpteen time were , The 'Hiccup'otimus followed by Duck and Hippo. After her two stories she gets a story told by me. She usually requests something in them, tonight request was a princess and a volcano... Which (to my pleasure) by the end she was too sleepy to tell me how awful my made up story was. 


Luke never delighted in me reading to him. This made me a bit sad but it never really bothered me. We had plenty of books and I read to him as often as he would permit. Amy though has brought a new meaning of reading to my life. Luke had to fall asleep to either a movie or later I learned music/cd/playlist of his favorite classical compositions.  Usually something like John Williams Superman, Star Wars, etc. The fact that Amy, a toddler, is out with two books and a crappy verbal short story amazes me.


Luke was learning to read when Amy was born. I had him/he wanted to practice reading to her. As she's grown Luke has come to notice Amy's love for books and now tries to show interest. He still often tries to read to her. He now asks for a verbal story from me. To my dismay he is usually still awake by the end. I swear I think he delights in telling me all the flaws or laughs at them. Hahaha.




A side note... Luke was looking for a Non-Fiction book for his homework. After 5 minutes of indecision he asks "Mommy, can I just read a story out of the scriptures for homework today?" Lol. Oh how I wish it was that simple. 


I love these kids.  My Heavenly Father knows what I needed.
Love y'all,
S

No comments: