Life is Limited but Families are Forever

Life is Limited but Families are Forever
We are the SUPER STOKES

May 23, 2017

Loving their laughter

Dear y'all,
Its been in the 90's here. The kids wanting to enjoy the sun has become more and more of a burden because of the heat and humidity. I've let them enjoy time with the sprinkler but they've asked, begged and even taunted me to join them multiple times.


I eventually caved. I'm sure all the young,  beautiful, skinny students in the student housing across and down the street (and many of them driving passed) shuttered or closed their blinds at the site of me playing in the water in my bathing suit. Despite all that,  I wouldn't change it. We dumped little water pitchers full of water on each other. Amy being to little to actually "dump and run" so I let her dump me with water. After seeing me do it, Luke got down, willingly (and happily) subjected himself to her bucket of cold water. We jumped over the sprinkler, we just did whatever crossed their minds. Each time I earned a giggle or roaring laughter. After a short while the lawn became muddy (as I had predicted) and filled with yucky bugs. Their disappointment showed distinctively in their faces. After a quick rinse, I offered the tub inside as a mini pool (they kept their clothes on). They loved this idea.  So I filled it up bubbles and all. They enjoyed the rubber ducks, plastic fishes and such bath time toys.


I've never heard such a heavenly sound then of my children's innocent laughter. Luke doing silly, simple things to hear Amy laugh. Amy tried to copy him which made him laugh.  This must have gone on nearly an additional hour and a half once inside.


I think I understand a bit more of Mathew 18:1-5. Where we're to become like little children. Being forgiving,  kind,  and trying to understand, are initial reasons people explain how to become child like. I would add loving.


Luke loves hearing Amy laugh. He loves to make her happy.  He will kiss her owies, hug her good night,  he says good morning sweetums (daddy's and his nick name for her) and expresses that he missed her whenever he feels that way.  He helps her up and down, he plays with her. He assists her with anything he can. He warns us if she's doing something dangerous and he genuinely cares for her.

 
The sound of their innocent laughter is evidence of love. I love the sound of their laughter. It fills my soul with delight and such happiness. I feel like I'm on cloud nine when such happiness radiates from them. It's the kind of laugh where you can't help but smile and laugh. The kind you wish you could record but no recording would ever do it justice. I believe this is a sound even the Savior would appreciate. The sound of pure love.
Love y'all,
S

No comments: